Learning, Leadership, and Organizational Development (MEd)
Degree Program Overview
Gain deep knowledge and skills to lead learning and change to help adults, teams, and organizations thrive with an MEd in Learning, Leadership, and Organization Development.
Using our unique framework that emphasizes the theory and practice needed to strategically and holistically develop healthy, sustainable organizations, you will gain a mastery of multiple areas, including:
- Adult learning and training
- Organization development and change leadership
- Group development and problem solving
- Talent management and development
- Career development and coaching
We admit new cohorts each fall.
Program highlights include,
- Cutting-edge curriculum for professionals in adult learning/learning design, organization development, human resource development, and coaching
- Consistently ranked among the top online programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Honored by the Academy of Human Resource Development
- Offered at UGA-Gwinnett with a combination of virtual learning and face-to-face sessions
Curriculum and Courses
Geared toward mid-career professionals (with at least 3-5 years of experience) who want to further their studies and expand their career opportunities, our highly ranked two-year program offers flexible options for working professionals.
Through coursework, a real-world-based project, and interactions with faculty and other students, you will learn to conduct evidence-based practices of learning and change to address pressing challenges.
You will build skills and knowledge in coursework across five core areas:
- Framing of learning, leadership, and organization development (1 course)
- Personal mastery and research/evidence-based practice (2 courses)
- Adult learning (1 course)
- Theory and practice of organization development and change (2 courses)
- Design and development of interventions to develop people and organizations (5 courses from options based on your experience and goals)
In addition to 33 credits of coursework, you must complete:
- An applied project
- A portfolio
- A final oral exam
Our program of study is the same for both online and blended formats. Our blended program offers an executive schedule (Friday/Saturday, an average of five weekends per semester) at our Gwinnett campus combined with online work.
Our supportive, world-renowned faculty use innovative, experiential teaching methods that allow you to directly apply what you learn. You will also be able to network with peers within your learning community and engage in instruction that brings concepts to life.
Click here for tuition rates per program.
Part 1: Apply to the University of Georgia
The Graduate School handles admission for all graduate programs at the University of Georgia, including those in the College of Education. The Graduate School website contains important details about the application process, orientation, and many other useful links to guide you through the process of attending UGA at the graduate level.
Part 2: Apply to the MEd in Learning, Leadership, and Organization Development
The MEd in Learning, Leadership, and Organization Development accepts applications for fall semester admission for the on-campus blended program at UGA’s Gwinnett location and the online program.
All applicants must have a 3.0 GPA in an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited institution*, or, if the GPA is below 3.0, GRE, GMAT, or MAT scores within the last five years are required.
* GRE, GMAT, or MAT requirement is waived.
When you submit the Graduate School application online, required application materials are:
- Statement of Purpose clarifying the relevant background, interests, and goals
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Résumé or Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts — Submit unofficial transcript and send official transcripts after you are offered admission
- International students must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
Click here for a list of faculty members.
Click here to get in contact with this program.