K–12 Assessment Solutions
As a public service organization within the Mary Frances Early College of Education, K-12 Assessment Solutions functions as a bridge between research and practice. Our goal is to improve learning and achievement while building relationships with leaders in education and business across communities.
We have the expertise to provide teaching, learning, and assessment solutions, including assessment and item development, and facilitation services supported by academic research.
We are not a “one size fits all” organization. Our clients—departments of education, schools, and districts, among other business entities—trust us to provide them with customized solutions to meet their needs.
For questions or for more information on any of our services, please submit to our contact form .
Item and Assessment Development
An item, task, assessment, or assessment system is only as good as the process by which it is created. K-12 Assessment Solutions has vast experience in item and assessment development to provide customized assessment solutions to schools, districts, states, and education organizations.
Our products and services include developing high-quality, rigorous assessment items/tasks and assessments for school and districts. K-12 Assessment Solutions also supports states and other educational organizations with the development process, including conducting and facilitating content, bias, and accessibility reviews, data reviews, and standard setting events.
The K-12 Assessment Solutions team can support schools/districts through:
- Assessment Audits: Tools and resources to help schools and districts evaluate assessments and help determine whether assessments and assessment systems are in balance.
- Item and Assessment Development:.
- Developing formative common assessments
- Developing interim benchmark assessments
- Evaluating district and/or school assessments
- Developing different items types, matching between methods of assessment to learning targets
- District and School Connect: Comprehensive educational platform designed to meet the instructional and assessment needs of schools and districts.
- Assesslets: Formative tools aligned to the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) and are available in English Language Arts (ELA), mathematics, science, and social studies.
Their offices at the UGA Gwinnett Campus are in Suite 149 on the first floor.