Educational Leadership (EdD)
Degree Program Overview
Gain knowledge and skills in improving school systems with the EdD in Educational Leadership.
Our performance-based program works in partnership with Georgia school districts to develop outstanding scholar-practitioners. Our degree prepares you to lead schools and school districts by focusing on every level, from talent management to organizational challenges.
Program highlights include,
- 3 year Cohort Model with action research dissertation
- Designed for practicing school and district leaders
- Courses offered at Gwinnett campus in blended format
- New program approval pending GaPSC
- Advanced leadership residency (750 hrs.)
Curriculum and Courses
This degree combines classroom instruction with faculty-guided research into the concerns of schools and districts. As a doctoral student, you will have the opportunity to study topics such as:
- Education law and ethics
- School- and district-level leadership
- Managing and using data in the school-improvement process
- Leading in a diverse society
- Analyzing relationships among school boards, superintendents, and school leaders
You will earn your doctorate by completing 55 hours of coursework and an action-research dissertation. The curriculum helps you to:
- Develop tools to diagnose problems
- Create solutions
- Evaluate the success of changes
- Analyze data within districts and systems
Along the way, our faculty bring their research interests into the classroom so you can benefit from their work. Our faculty are nationally recognized for their research, teaching, and practice in the areas of educational leadership, policy, and school law. Areas of focus include school and district leadership, education law and policy, and federal education policy.
Click here for tuition rates per program.
The EdD in Educational Leadership only admits students in the fall of odd years (2015, 2017, etc.).
While completing the application, be sure to attach the following documents:
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial transcripts
- GRE Scores (5 years old or newer)(send to school code 5813)
- 3 letters of recommendation
Click here for a list of faculty members.
Click here to get in contact with this program.