Business Administration (MBA)
Degree Program Overview
In the Professional MBA, working professionals can earn a degree in 23-months without putting their careers on hold. Students in the program build a strong network through the cohort structure while maximizing learning through a flexible curriculum delivery format that includes distance learning. The quality of the PMBA has been recognized by our 25th among public programs ranking in U.S. News & World Report's 2019 Best Part - Time MBA Programs.
Getting ahead in your career doesn't mean putting the rest of your life on hold. Our Professional MBA program is structured so you can balance work, family, and friends while you pursue your MBA.
The Professional MBA curriculum accelerates your learning with:
- Experienced and highly qualified faculty.
- A cohort model with a predictable schedule and fixed academic calendar.
- Timely topics and activities pertinent to real-world business problems.
- Distance learning blended with traditional learning for flexibility and convenience.
Curriculum and Courses
We use a mix of traditional classroom and online learning courses in a structured two-year schedule, providing added flexibility and convenience for working professionals. We deliver approximately 30% of the program content remotely so you can spend more time learning outside the classroom.
Students will have:
- Two evening classes per week for two consecutive weeks (class meeting times: 6:00pm-9:00pm) or one Saturday class meeting for two consecutive weeks (class meeting time: 9:00am-4:00pm)
- Online learning activities every three weeks
Online learning activities include narrated presentations, threaded group discussions, simulations, group project work, web-based assessments, and synchronous office hours.
Our curriculum emphasizes both theory and practice in business foundations, strategy, and leadership. You will:
- Complete 48 credit hours comprised of 16 courses
- 12 required courses
- 4 electives (electives offered will vary year to year).
- Earn your Professional MBA in 23 months.
The Professional MBA is structured into 8 modules of 12 weeks each plus an optional international residency for global experience. In each module you will take 2 courses. Each course consists of:
- 7 in-person classes per course (meeting time: 6:00pm-9:00pm)
- 3 online weeks
- Final projects or exams
Click here for tuition rates per program.
When to Apply
We review applications for admission to the Professional MBA on a rolling admissions basis. It is highly recommended that you submit your application in advance of the deadline, but we will continue to accept and review applications until the class is full.
What You Need to Apply
- Minimum 2 years work experience after completing a bachelor's degree
- Your resume detailing career growth
- Two letters of recommendation (delivered online)
- Official transcripts from institution(s) where you earned your degree(s)
- GMAT or GRE scores (may be taken after you submit your application)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (if you do not hold a U.S. degree)
- $100 nonrefundable application fee (paid online at time of application submission)
GMAT or GRE Waiver
We recognize that a standardized test is only one way to measure your potential to be successful in the UGA Professional MBA program. Applicants may be considered for a GMAT waiver or GRE waiver based on other qualifications, such as having already earned a previous graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or demonstrated prior academic achievement combined with career experience. If you have not taken the GMAT or GRE and wish to be considered for a test waiver, please check the test waiver box in the Professional MBA waiver section of the application. A submitted application and degree transcripts are required for test waiver review. Please contact PMBA Admissions at email@example.com or 404-842-4849 if you have questions.
About the Essays
Personal Statement Essay (500-750 words)
Indicate how the Professional MBA program will contribute to your career objectives and how your background can contribute to the educational experience of other participants in the program.
Please share anything else that you would like us to know. Feel free to discuss unique events or previous life experiences that tell us more about you. You may also use this section to discuss internship or co-op experiences.
Click here for a list of faculty members.
Click here to get in contact with this program.